The Senior Accountant will be involved in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers; maintaining financial reports in compliance with SOX; creating reports analyzing financial company performance; and analyzing and reporting on financial results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare financial statements and have significant involvement in monthly close, including identifying and researching potential errors and recommending solutions.
• Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility, including identifying and explaining unusual variations from expected results.
• Prepare and maintain departmental cost center reports and hold monthly meetings with various company department heads to discuss actual vs. budget performance, thereby providing exposure to many areas of company management
• Maintain support for monthly general journal entries.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other special projects for submission to and review by upper management.
• Prepare and provide detail for quarterly/annual financial reporting footnotes.
• Research current/recent GAAP pronouncements and advise management of relevant accounting changes.
• Assist in the mentoring and professional development of staff accountants.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
• 1-4 years of experience in a public or corporate accounting environment required
• CPA or CPA candidate required
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to interpret information from multiple sources to make decisions