Events and Meetings Coordinator
Are you looking for an opportunity in a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client is seeking an Events and Meetings Coordinator to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Title: Events and Meetings Coordinator (Contract)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job ID: 435852
- Facilitate daily operations of the Conference Center, including room set up, audio visual equipment, marquee signage, and catering deliveries / pick-ups.
- Manage and book reservations on the Conference Center Outlook calendar.
- Manage and distribute calendars to Marketing, Property Management, Security, Tenant Relations and other as needed Departments.
- Provide site visits, pre and post walk through, and coordinate maintenance issues.
- Issue contracts, and secure payment of fees.
- Conduct operational and financial closing procedures.
- Establish relationships with caterers and other service providers of the Conference Center.
- Develop new business and implement marketing strategy to tenants and outside clients.
- Expand awareness of the Embarcadero Conference Center as meeting and event location.
- Develop a high level of tenant awareness of the variety of services available at the Embarcadero Conference Center.
- Assist clients and office tenants in all aspects of meeting planning as requested.
- Assist Tenant Relations Manager in managing and tracking annual budget for Embarcadero Conference Center.
- Assist Tenant Relations Manager in creation, management and execution of Tenant Brown Bag events
- Assist Tenant Relations Manager in creating and sending out marketing collateral for the Conference Center and events
- Coordinate with Property Manager, Chief Engineer, Janitorial Manager, and Security, to insure compliance of all building rules and regulations.
- Coordinate revolving art exhibit for the Conference Center.
- Develop and maintain strong contacts within San Francisco’s hospitality industry.
- Maintain and update database of key Tenant and Non-Tenant contacts.
- Participate in business community activities that will enhance the Embarcadero Conference Center’s visibility.
- Provide any additional service and/ or support that may be needed to the Marketing and Property Management Team.
- Participation in industry related organizations.
- Participation in outreach programs requested by Marketing Director.
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, juggle priorities, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and telephone skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
- Available to work overtime as dictated by special events schedule.
- Ability to work independently
- 2 years minimum sales and marketing background.